That's why the Louisiana Small Business Development Center has put together a plethora of information for those thinking they may be getting in to more than they can handle.
Here is just a sample of the training programs the LSBDC can offer your small business.
- Employment and Training Assistance Programs: Designed to help you navigate through all the government programs and services available to businesses seeking assistance as they hire employees.
- Employment Regulations: Designed to help you navigate through the federal and provincial government regulations on employment.
- Human Resources Management: Designed to help you manage people and build business skills.
- Human Resources and Skills Development: Designed for employers to deal with employment insurance programs, record of employment forms, and premium rates.
- Development of Training Programs: Designed to help owner-managers of small manufacturing firms set up a systematic program for training their employees.
- Taxation Info-Guide: Designed to help you navigate through the federal and provincial government programs, services, and regulations related to taxation that may apply to individuals starting or operating a business.
- Preventing Injuries and Illness in the Workplace: Designed to help you learn how to prevent injuries and illness in the workplace, how safety pays, and how the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board can help.
It's important for small businesses in our community to succeed, because without small businesses, we'd be out of work!